Saturday, March 19, 2011

Puzzle #4, 2011

Where is Peter Gordon? I'm beginning to suspect foul play. Peter Gordon edits the Sunday Washington Post crossword as well as the Thursday Fireball Crossword (available via email only, and coming soon to an iPad near you). He asked his devotees to come see him at ACPT, but I can't find him. Frank Longo (frequent constructor) said he had lunch with him but doesn't know where Peter is sitting. The woman sitting across the aisle from me is wearing a black "Ask me about my zombie shirt" t-shirt. Maybe she ate him.

Puzzle 4 was a Kemba Walker puzzle (i.e. short and quick). 6 minutes, tied with dad. Liz is still hacking away at it.

Some fun ones:
--"Exaggerated feature in an Obama cartoon" (3 letters)
--"Where red delicious apples originated" (4 letters). _ _ _ A
--"Nora who wrote and directed 'Julie & Julia'" (6 letters). They should have added "and scourge of the Public Theater board," IMAO.

In preparation for puzzle 5, I have removed my fleecy pullover. I'm down to my Legend Fighting Championship t-shirt--Chris Pollak, I'm representing for you here, so I expect your Ring Girls to be wearing black-and-white crossword grid-themed bikinis at your next mixed martial arts beat-down in HK. (http://www.legendfc.com/)

Deep, cleansing breaths....


Answers:
--EAR
--IOWA
--EPHRON

No comments:

Post a Comment